Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife: Audrey Niffenegger

"A most untraditional love story, this is the celebrated tale of Henry DeTamble, a dashing, adventuresome librarian who involuntarily travels through time, and Clare Abshire, an artist whose life takes a natural sequential course. Henry and Clare's passionate affair endures across a sea of time and captures them in an impossibly romantic trap that tests the strength of fate and basks in the bonds of love."

I actually finished this book a few weeks ago...I know...I know...I'm really slacking in my reviews. But, anyway, I LOVED this book! Initially, I only read this book because I saw a commercial for the movie that was based off of it. I wanted to see the movie, but had several weeks to wait for it. I ordered the book and began reading it immediately.

I was very quickly sucked into Niffenegger's unique writing style and her amazing characters. Henry was so easy to love--despite his many faults--and Clare was an easy heroine to feel for. (However, in the movie adaptation, she is made out to be a real bitch, but she's really not that bad. That's another story...)

I laughed. I cried. I fell in love with the personalities. I cursed fate right along with Clare and Henry. This book is right up there with some of my favorites.

No comments: