Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Norman's Bride (The Dumont Stories, Book Two): Terri Brisbin

"She had no past. He could offer her no future."

"Yet William Royce de Severin could not quell the waves of desire threatening to engulf him whenever he looked upon Isabel. Battered by life, she reamined unbroken in spirit, making him yearn for the impossible--a life unfettered by his own dark secrets, with her forever by his side!

"Though recalling nothing of her own identity, Isabel was certain her rescuer, Royce, had been a knight. Every fiber of his being bespoke a chivalry simple seclusion could not hide. And every sinew of his body bestirred a passion that would ruse her to her true self as Royce's heart-sworn lady!"

I have never read this author before and her work is...unique to say the least. The beginning of this story started off with a captivating bang and the characters were very well-devloped...but there was just something about the writing that bothered me...

Mind you, the book wasn't terrible to the point that I will never again read this author, but I do find myself hoping that if I do come across another of her books, she will have worked on her writing. All in all, the plot itself was plesantly unique and I tentatively recommend this book because of it.

No comments: