Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Rogue (The Liar's Club, Book Five): Celeste Bradley

"He is a rake of the highest order, moving through society in an endless pursuit of pleasure and delight. He has resisted joining the Liar's Club, a band of renegade spies who serve the Crown in complete secrecy. But when true love beckons, he must decide to whom he will pledge his loyalty...

"Ethan Damont's legendary gambling skills have earned him a place at the gaming tables of London's most exclusive homes. He has used his dubious place in Society to aid the Liar's Club. But his latest favor of the group has not only put his life in danger--it has thrown him together with the woman who tempts him to forgo his rakish ways. Lady Jane Pennington is a proper young lady and the ravishing niece of a suspected traitor. Now it's Ethan's job to discover if the woman he finds irresistible is naive to her uncle's deceit--or guilty of treason against the Crown...

"Jane can barely wait for the Season to end--until she meets Ethan Damont. After a humiliating first encounter, Jane expects a scoundrel like Ethan to joke at her expense. Instead, he behaves like a perfect gentleman. But just as Jane finds herself overcome by her desire for Ethan, he takes her captive. Suddenly, she is pulled into a dangerous world where it's impossible to know who is friend--and who is foe. Will this rogue prove to be her undoing...or the love she has always longed for?"

So I actually finished this book a few days ago and FINALLY remembered to post a review of it. This book had probably one of the least realistic plots, but it VERY nicely tied everything up with the characters, brought in the tales of the Royal Four series, and revealed the beginning of the search for the Chimera! It was very well-written, as always, and did not disappoint a bit! The situations made me laugh with their brilliant wittiness and I could hardly put it down! I loved how Ethan is one of the more "human" of Bradley's characters and I was truly touched by him.

I'm terribly sad that I finished the Liar's Club and the Royal Four series, but Bradley has another series out that I cannot wait to get my hands on! I am forced to take a break from her, however, because I'm on vacation and was deprived of a library, so I took a chance and began to read a new author--Nora Roberts. My mother reads her all the time and I am actually enjoying the book quite a bit. I usually make it a rule not to read any romance novels that take place from the 1900's to the future, but this one is not bad! I'll write a review as soon as possible!

No comments: