Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Once A Rake: Rona Sharon

"IRRESISTIBLE SEDUCTION ONLY LEADS TO...

"War had scarred the Earl of Ashby's face...and perhaps his soul. Before being wounded in the Napoleonic war and shunning society, the dashing lord had been a notorious rake. Now Isabel Aubrey, a proper lady, dares to approach the masked, reclusive nobleman for a large donation to a worthy charity--and decides she must save him from his self-loathing. She begins to flirt. He responds. She invites him to a masquerade ball. He accepts and dazzles her with a kiss.

"THE MOST SCANDALOUS PASSION...

"But Isabel already has a fiance and despite her attraction to the earl she knows she must reject him. Yet no force on earth is greater than the passion that leads her into his bed; nothing she has ever experienced is more exciting and erotic. Now he asks her to stay with him although it will mean her ruin. Isabel must not say yes--and the smitten earl cannot let her say no. To win her body and her heart, he initiates an outrageous scheme that only a rake would devise--and no woman can resist."

I'm going to admit to something...I only picked this book up because I was waiting for Celeste Bradley's book to come in from another library and was actually reluctant to start reading a book that was only meant to be a "filler". In the end, I truly fell in love with this book.

I know that I saw this a lot, but this book was fantastic! It made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion and the passion was some of the best written that I have ever had a pleasure to read. It made me smile, grit my teeth in aggravation, and sigh with longing for a happy ending. The characters were undeniably well-written and their stories were so gut-wrenching...so heart-throbbingly real that I felt almost as if I had known the characters or was actually watching the book on a screen. The images were powerful and the angst and longing were so deep that it was impossible to find any flaws. I will CERTAINLY look for more of Sharon's work!

No comments: