Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: F. Scott Fitzgerald

***I don't have a direct synopsis of this short story, but I can give you the basic gist.***
This is the story of a man named Benjamin Button. On the day of his birth, everyone realized that he wasn't normal. Mrs. Button had given birth to a 70-year-old man... This story follows Benjamin Button through his life and the trials that a man must go through when he ages backwards...
I devoured this in an hour and it was absolutely fantastic. I have not seen the new movie with Brad Pitt, but I have been meaning to. Reading this only made me want to more! I've read a few of F. Scott Fitzgerald's works before, but none that I have liked nearly as much as this. I don't want to give too much away, but I cried at the end... It was a beautifully written story and I would gladly read it again and again...not to mention HIGHLY recommend it to anyone!

No comments: