Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Tiger Prince: Iris Johansen

TIGER BURNING BRIGHT

“In a locked room of shadows and sandalwood, Jane Barnaby first met the wickedly disturbing man whose searing blue eyes and brazen smile seemed to read her deepest desires—a man who exuded the mystery and danger of exotic lands. In his mesmerizing presence. Jane found herself instantly transformed from a hardheaded businesswoman to the willing slave of a passion she knew she must resist….

IN THE FORESTS OF THE NIGHT…

“A man of sensuous grace and smoldering sensuality, adventurer Ruel McClaren brought the independent beauty back to his native Scotland to spin a web of revenge. But once at Glenclaren Castle, he found it ever harder to play the unforgiving captor to this woman who touched his heart and made his blood run hot.”

So, I thought I already wrote a review for this book, but I cannot seem to find it… Anyway, this was the first of Iris Johansen’s works that I have ever read and it was interesting. I got this book on a recommendation from a friend who has read almost all of her other books. I wasn’t disappointed.

The characters were very interesting and instantly captivating. However…I have to admit that I cannot say the same for the plot. Yes, it was interesting and very different from what I have read before, but there was just…something there that slowed it down. I devoured the prologue and the first chapter, but then it got really slow with all of the story and character development. It took me forever to read this book because I was a little hesitant to continue on. Then, the main characters finally met up and I was unable to put the book down.

The plot was tremendously complex and it ended up pulling me in. I couldn’t wait to see what happened next. I will admit that I ended up tearing up a lot at the end, but it was well-deserved. It’s hard not to feel for Johansen’s characters.

Overall, I did end up liking the book, but I must say that you have to get through all of the development to truly appreciate the book.

No comments: