Friday, May 22, 2009

Love's Blazing Ecstasy: Kathryn Kramer

***Sorry there is no picture for this book. It's from 1984 and kind of difficult to find an image of it online! I will try scanning it in as soon as I have the time.***

PASSION’S SLAVE

“When she saw the dangerous glitter in the Roman soldier’s eyes, Wynne knew she was lost, yet she could not forget that she was a Celt and he and enemy of her people. But as Valerian’s amber eyes caressed each soft, sensuous curve of her body, Wynne found herself melting into his embrace of a thousand teasing kisses and hot throbbing passion…

PASSION’S POWER

“This golden goddess was forbidden fruit, but Valerian could not resist such an innocent, ripe blossom, whose silken skin and moist honey-sweet lips set him on fire. And in one wild, reckless moment of uncontrollable need, Valerian conquered Wynne’s body and soul and filled her with—

LOVE’S BLAZING ECSTASY

This was the first book by Kathryn Kramer that I’ve read. I actually acquired it from my mother who was cleaning out the basement and found a whole box full of her old romance novels and I was really excited because I thought that there were some good ones in there. This one, however, was not one of the best that I have read.

I’m not saying that this was a bad book, per say, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea. I don’t know if it was because of the style of writing or if the writing itself was influenced by the decade in which it was written, but there was something not quite right about it. Everything seemed to drag on and on. The dialogue was overly dramatic, but the plot was interesting. This was the first book that I’ve read that took place in Britain during the Roman occupation and it was interesting. I really liked all the parts containing the Celts and the history itself was interesting.

All in all, this book might be for someone who enjoys writers with a flair for the dramatic, but it just wasn’t for me.

No comments: