Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Watchmen: Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons

Now, with all of the hype with the Watchmen movie around, I figured that it was only fair that I read the graphic novel. I saw the movie and (though it took me a day or two) I decided that I actually loved it. I know what you're probably thinking... "Why didn't she read the novel before she saw the movie like any normal person?" Well, simply because I COULD NOT get my hands on a copy!!! I had to wait weeks before I was able to get one! Anyway, I actually finished reading it a few days ago, but I haven't gotten to sit down and review it until now.

Well, I really liked it. I was amazed at how like the graphic novel the movie was! (Though I am sure that that's more praise for the movie than the novel...) The art itself was fantastic and the writing was genius. It was a really good read; however, I will say that parts dragged on or were hard to follow, but the rest of the novel quickly made up for it. I think that this is definitely deserving of another read-through or two.

No comments: