Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lyon's Gift (MacKinnon Sisters, Book Two): Tanya Anne Crosby


"LYON'S PRIDE
"Piers de Montgomerie, known as "Lyon" for his fierceness in combat, accepts the challenge of the Scottish king, agreeing to quell a troublesome highland feud and to accept the disputed lands as payment. But his battle skills are no match for the flashing eyes and barbed tongue of "Mad" Meghan Brodie--the spirited wench he now holds hostage, who fires his blood with her heart-stirring beauty.
"LYON'S GIFT
"Distrustful of men and feigning madness, in truth Meghan is cunning as a fox--and far too loyal to her clan to be swayed by her arrogant captor's honeyed words and virile charms. She will make the Lyon pay dearly for the "gift" he has so brazenly stolen--even as her own traitorous heart begs her to surrender gladly to the one great love that can heal an injured land."

I was SO thrilled to pick up this book! I remember loving the first book in this series and couldn't wait to see what Crosby had in store for me this time.

Most authors who write series only briefly mention characters from earlier books. A lot of the time, there's little to no interaction. I've only found a few authors who take those extra few steps. What impressed me with Crosby was the fact that her whole setting was intertwined and there was more than one character from the first book that made an appearance. Though it's been nearly a year since I read the first book, I remember the characters so vividly that I can really appreciate all of the intermingling.

Again, I loved the dialogue. The Scottish brogues were awesome. It really submerges you in the work. I can really admire an author who's capable of doing such a thing.

Though this book wasn't nearly as dramatic as most of the other books I've read, it wasn't a bad thing. It actually might have made it more believable than others.

I love Crosby's works and I can't wait to get my hands on the next in this series!

No comments: