Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tangled Reins: Stephanie Laurens

“Miss Dorothea Darent had no intention of ever getting married, until a dashing stranger with hazel eyes kissed her under a blackberry tree. Haunted by their kiss, the Marquis of Hazelmere, a notorious scoundrel, was determined to win Dorothea’s heart, even while she was busy dazzling other London socialites. Dorothea had a choice to make: stick with her plan to stay a respectable spinster, or run into the arms of her dashing stranger….”

Stephanie Laurens was a new author for me and I was really excited to read her works. I knew from the start that I was going to really enjoy her writing. Her characters were beautifully written and their personalities were so real. The plot was fun and different. I was constantly interested and was excited to read more. It was difficult to put down. However…This book was not like what I normally read. Parts of it were much tamer than I am used to and anyone who reads the other books that I recommend will agree. This isn’t really a bad thing, it’s just different. This would be perfect for someone who is a little more sensitive to the more “explicit” parts of romance novels.

Either way, the book was a good one and It was nice to read, but not entirely my style.

No comments: