Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Overlord's Bride: Margaret Moore

“ ‘Twas Murder Most Foul…Or Was It?

“Lord Kirkheathe’s first wife was dead, and though his liege lord deemed him guiltless, rumor yet tarred his reputation. Now Elizabeth Perronet found herself his newly wedded bride with a question of her own: If Raymond D’Estienne were truly no savage, how had he unleashed in her things so…untamed and wild?

“Treachery, Thy Name Is Woman!

“Or so believed Raymond D’Estienne, courtesy of his late wife. What, the, was he to make of the remarkable Elizabeth Perronet, fresh fro the convent and determined to change his life—in ways he’d never dreamed!”

I began reading Margaret Moore a few years back. I discovered one of her novels for teens and INSTANTLY fell in love with her! Then, I found out that she wrote for adults as well and couldn't have been more excited.

I originally read this book a while back and recently decided that I had to write about her in this blog so others could enjoy her work. Her characters are amazing, touching, and so very REAL. The plots are strong and highly believable and I constantly find myself transported. In this particular book, I LOVE the character of Raymond. His pain is to deep and real that it's impossible not to feel for him...even when he's being a complete bear.

(Oh, and there isn't an actual date that tells when the story takes place, but judging from the clothing on the cover and the plot itself, I made a guess at some time in the 1500's.)

No comments: