Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Conspiracy of Genes: Mark de Castrique

"The conspiracy has begun...

"Gene thought the worst thing that could happen to him, already had. When his mother died from a strange virus, Gene assumed he had seen all that life could throw at him.

"He was wrong.

"Unable to decide whom he can trust, Gene will have to expose a massive conspiracy and figure out how to survive."

"One thing is certain...

"It's about to get much, much worse."

This is a YA book I read for my class. It was really interesting because the author is a graduate of my college and even thanks my professor in the acknowledgements. The whole book takes place in areas I know--even when his dad flies out of town. This made the book totally fascinating to me.

On top of that, the writing was spectacular! It kept me enthralled and I couldn't put the book down. I finished it in a day and--though it's not a very long book--that says a lot because I'm so busy all of the time. The characters were great and the plot kept me on my toes with all of its sudden twists and turns. I was constantly trying to guess what would happen next. When the ending came, I was very surprised. It was very impressive to me that an author could manage to lead you on throughout an entire book; only revealing enough to keep you fascinated, but managing to keep the plot undercover.

I was extremely impressed with this book and can't wait to pass it on to my cousin...even my grandmother has gotten into it!

Now, I'll probably look into more by this author because I've been exposed to the awesomeness of his writing :)

No comments: