Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: L. Frank Baum

This is another book I had to read for my class. This review will be short and sweet because SO many of you have seen the movie (unless, of course, you're my cousins and have been deprived of the Wizard, Mary Poppins, and other classics). I have to say that the thing that kept me from getting bored with this book was the fact that it was different from the movie. I don't want to give too much away, but I think it was the differences that livened up the often worn-out tale and made it new for me. I've seen the movie so many times that I almost didn't read the book for class. Now, I'm glad that I did. I recommend this book for any fan of the movie because it'll give you a neat new look at the story. Granted, I was never a huge fan like some people I know, but the book was okay. What I found really interesting was the life of the author. So, if you get a chance to, I recommend looking into that.

No comments: