Sunday, November 7, 2010

Percy Jackson & the Olympians--The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Book Six): Rick Riordan

"YOUNG DEMIGODS, brace yourselves for a peek inside the highly classified Demigod Files! Compiled by Camp Half-Blood's senior scribe, Rick Riordan, these top secret archives include three of Percy Jackson's most perilous adventures, behind-the-scenes interviews with your favorite characters, a map of Camp Half-Blood, and more. Become an authority on Percy's world with this must-have guide to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series."

First of all, this book should be read between book four and the final installment of the Percy Jackson series. Unfortunately, the site I was going off of told me to read this book last. It isn't a really big deal, but it would have added to my appreciation of the last book. In short, read this book before the final one.

Overall, I liked this book. It was short and sweet and it made me remember why I liked the series to begin with. The only problem was that I finished the series a while ago and there were bits and pieces that I had to scour my memory banks to recall. This problem is easily remedied when you read the series like you're supposed to.

The short stories in this book were as much fun as the other books. They were like mini episodes in the life and times of Perseus Jackson. Also, the background information on the characters gave the book it's own appeal.

No comments: