Monday, October 13, 2008

Breath of Magic: Teresa Medeiros

"AN EXQUISITE ENCHANTRESS LOST IN TIME

"Arian Whitewood hadn't quite gotten a hang of the powerful amulet she'd inherited from her mother, but she never expected it to whisk her more than three hundred years into the future. Flying unsteadily on her broomstick, she suddenly finds herself among towers of glass and metal, then tumbling from the sky to land at the feet of a man with frost-gray eyes and a seemingly flint-hard heart.

"A SKEPTICAL TYCOON OUT OF HIS ELEMENT

"Reclusive billionaire Tristan Lennox didn't believe in magic, but he had his own reasons for offering one million dollars to anyone who could prove it existed. Now he finds himself besieged by fakes, frauds, and an old nemesis is ready to leap on his opportunity to destroy him. But the smoky-voiced beauty who appeared from the clouds into his climate-controlled existence is something else entirely--a woman able to enchant his lonely heart with wonder, but who can't possibly be what she seems....

So I’ve been so busy that I haven’t been able to update this blog for a bit, but I’m back! Anyhow, this book was sweet and had some wonderful twists to it. It made me laugh and cringe as well as feel for the characters immensely. Arian was a charming character and it was hard not to side with her. Tristan was a refreshing twist to the male lead roll. There was just something about him that made it easy to like and dislike him at the same time.

The plotline in general was new and different and I enjoyed it. I don’t usually read “modern” romances, but this had the whole historical elements that made it more to my tastes. Overall, I liked it and I have already started the sequel.

No comments: