Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Dark-Hunter Christmas (Dark-Hunter Series, Book Eight): Sherrilyn Kenyon

***As I noted in the post just before this one, Sherrilyn Kenyon's site was updated and some of the stories were even completely removed from the reading order. This was one of them. In fact, in the list of a couple of weeks ago, this book was supposed to be in the back of Dance With the Devil, but it wasn't...I had to scour websites to find it and it was a HUGE headache... I'm really sorry, but I can't find the site where I originally found it because my laptop is freaking-out and I have been downgraded to the desktop. I do, however, have an electronic copy of the short story and can post the whole thing if you guys need me to. It wouldn't be too much trouble at all.***

Anyway, this is a short story (not technically a book...and therefore doesn't have a cover for me to post) that I had to find online. It was short and sweet. The readers were introduced to a more "modern" Dark-Hunter. His story was sad and believable for the time-period in which he was created. (Living in the Chicago-area myself, I know a good deal about its history and it was cool to see that come into play.) What was really neat was watching Acheron and Simi in this story. I don't want to give it away, but we get to read about a much softer side to them. The main character, Jamie was probably one of the Dark-Hunters who had to relive the most pain on a day-to-day basis. Since he was created in the first-half of the nineteenth-century, he actually has easily traceable and detectible relatives that he cannot come into contact with. I can't even imagine how difficult that must have been. Overall, the story was short and sweet. It had a very important underlaying lesson that rings true to all of the other Dark-Hunters and I think I might even like to see more of Jamie in the future!

No comments: