Saturday, October 18, 2008

Suddenly You: Lisa Kleypas

“She was unmarried, untouched and almost thirty, but novelist Amanda Briars wasn’t about to greet her next birthday without making love to a man. When he appeared at her door, she believed he was her gift to herself, hired for one night of passion. Unforgettable handsome, irresistibly virile, he tempted her in ways she never though possible…but something stopped him from completely fulfilling her dream.

“Jack Devlin’s determination to possess Amanda became greater when she discovered his true identity. But gently bred Amanda craved respectability more than she admitted, while Jack, the cast-off son of a nobleman and London’s most notorious businessman, refused to live by society’s rules. Yet when fate conspired for them to marry, their worlds collided with a passionate force neither had expected…but both soon craved.”

Again, I loved Lisa Kleypas’s work. Her characters were so wonderful and witty and entirely entertaining that I read the book in a day! What was hilarious to me was that I saw A LOT of myself in Amanda (though I’m not thirty and I don’t see myself hiring a male prostitute in the near future…) and it made me want to read more. Jack was a very fun character because he wasn’t the usual, brooding, moody male hero. He had such a sweet and fun side that it was hard not to fall for him.

Overall, the plot was refreshing and new and delightful to read. I liked how there was a good amount of background established on the characters, but it wasn’t redundant. Of course, I will be reading more of Kleypas in the future!

No comments: